Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's in Margaret River

We rang in 2011 on a friend's farm in Margaret River.   In June I wrote about wine, chocolate, and other indulgences in Margaret River.

On 1/1/11* we spent the day bumming around the area visiting a couple beaches and hitting up a local ice creamery.  I thought I'd share a few photos of what 1/1/11* looked like in Margaret River. 

*I love this date because it represents the same date in both Australia and the US.  In Australia the dates are reversed so today is 3/1/11 and not 1/3/11.

Hamelin Bay

Hamelin Bay

Karri forest


Karri trees

Caves Road

houses of Prevelly

Prevelly

kite surfers and wind surfers at Prevelly

kite surfers and wind surfers at Prevelly

1 comment:

  1. Okay, clearly I have not been blog-stalking you for way too long!

    I, too, loved 1/11/11, though for a different reason. Much in the way that 11:11 offers a twice-daily opportunity to make a wish, I imagined that 1/11/11 was a day full of wishes!

    ReplyDelete