Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Puppy love

I’m fortunate to have a very special man in my life. He’s devastatingly handsome, endlessly affectionate, and even when he makes me angry, he still manages to make me laugh. I mean, who wouldn’t be in love with this man:




His name is Bronson, but he’ll also respond to buddy, mate or matie. This time last year Bronson became a member of our family. He was 18 months old, homeless and facing death. His previous owners didn’t want him anymore so they took him to the vet to be put down. Clearly the problem lay with them and not the dog.

He came to us a bit of a troubled child. In fact, the first family to adopt him returned him after the first night. But we were committed. All he needed was a bit of TLC and lots of proper training. The TLC we’ve got down, the training we’re still working on. He’s not a bad dog, just a bit crazy. And we’ve been told several times, Labs don’t mature until at least age 3 so we’ll continue to tell people that he’s 2 for as long as we can get away with it.

Aside from a couple isolated incidences, he doesn’t destroy things around the house, he’s good with kids and dogs and stays out of the garbage and off the counters. His weakness is love. He can’t get enough of it. He’s a Chihuahua trapped in the body of a 70 pound Labrador because he finds it appropriate to walk all over us whenever he sees fit. In honor of his one year anniversary in this family I thought I’d share some of my favorite Bronson, buddy boy, matie photos...as soon as I can remove this tail from my keyboard.

loves the ocean, not the waves

favorite sleeping position

nothing like a bar-b-que

my favorite fishing trip

1 comment:

  1. He's adorable, Linz! Hard to imagine that anyone would want to euthanize that sweet face. I'm sure you two are awesome puppy parents!

    ReplyDelete